Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Young Adult Fashion in Arezzo!






When you hear "Italy", you might think of all the food and history, but you may also think of fashion.

Having studied abroad in France two years ago, I knew that the young adults were going to dress more chic than anything that I had in my closet. However, I knew three things going into it
  1. Neutral colors
  2. Not a lot of skin
  3. Fashionable, but comfortable
And that is exactly what I have seen here in my time in Arezzo!
                                               !!TREND ALERT!!
Platform and Converse/Adidas shoes!
You can see these types of shoes anywhere and everywhere!





As you can already see in a lot of the pictures, black is probably the most common colour worn. While the main colour is black, Italians do like to add a pop of colour here and there to accentuate the outfit.    
                      
                    
One of the things that I found interesting about Italian fashion is that everyone's outfits are really nice, but then they wear walking/tennis shoes with these nicer clothes. I guess it is just because of all the walking that is done around the town or that Arezzo is very hilly. The only time I saw heels was on the weekend when people were out to the bars and discotheques!

Well that is all for now!
Ciao bellas!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the article, but let me say something: is it just me or women everywhere are starting to wear "smart" tennis shoes with any kind of outfit? I went to NY for Spring Break and saw a whole lot of them wearing Nikes even with dresses?

    Ci vediamo ragazzi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Alberto!
      Thank you so much for reading my little contribution to this blog!
      That could be true in more urban areas! I haven't been to a big city where walking is the common form of transportation in a very long while, so I can't say for sure. I know that in Norman (the town where our University is located) you either dress up and you embrace the pain, or just wear some Nike shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes; there's no in between. If I get the opportunity to head to a bigger city, I'll be on the look-out!
      A piĆ¹ tardi!
      -Cicily

      Delete