Friday, May 27, 2016

Caffe in Italia


Ciao! My name is Sterling and I am lover of all things coffee related. Back in America, I drink coffee every morning, brewed right at home. I usually drink it with flavored coffee creamer, milk, and a little bit of sugar. Sometimes I get ‘coffee’ type drinks from Starbucks. My favorite drink from there is a Mocha frappuccino, which actually just has espresso with sugar and mocha flavoring. So when I came here to Italy, I found quickly that coffee here is quite different!

My favorite thing to drink here now is a cappuccino. Bar Stefanos has my favorite cappuccino so far, and I get one every morning. Most cappuccinos are served with ⅓ espresso, ⅓ foamed milk, and ⅓ regular milk. Want to see how a cappuccino is made?


Now, a cafe is very different than a cappuccino. A cafe is just straight espresso. You can order is larger so there is more water and weaker, or possibly get a double shot to really wake you up! Here is what a typical espresso looks like here in Italy.

ESPRESSO.jpg

So how do I pay for my cappuccino? Do I sit and drink it like in America or down it and go? This article has some great tips of how we can try to blend in with the locals!


There are so many other types of coffees and drinks available at a Cafe that I wasn’t able to  cover all of them. This blog provides a wonderful list of other types of drinks you can order.

http://blog.studentsville.it/top-10-tips/everyday-life/10-types-of-italian-coffee-decoded-and-pronounced/

Sometimes designs are created using cinnamon or sugar. These designs can be leaves, hearts, flowers, or many other options! Baristas are very creative and use the cappuccino as their canvas. Here is a picture I took at the local Crepes De Lune.

I love coffee and am so excited I get to keep trying different flavors and types while here in Italy! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment